Sunday, April 20, 2008

Your Life is an Occasion...Rise to it...


This is one of my many favorite quotes from the move Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium -Yes - I am posting about this movie - Don't make fun of it! If you have not seen this movie - might I suggest it! Yes your kids will love and I would be willing to say adults will like it too! It is super random and strange but it has some cool little life lessons and quotes in it! Dustin Hoffman is awesome in this movie - he becomes very endearing! One of my favorite parts of the movie is when Mr. Magorium and Mahoney are in a clock shop and they have set all the clocks to go off at one time - Mahoney says... we have 37 seconds...now we wait...Mr. M then says...No - we breath, we pulse, we regenerate, our hearts beat, our minds create, our souls ingest...37 seconds well used is like a life time. Now maybe I got too into this movie - but I loved the underlying message of living life to the fullest and loving it by not taking it for granted and using our talents and rising to our life/occasion!

4 comments:

James & Prilly said...

I'm just glad that Dustin Hoffman is back to starring in movies instead of lurking in your shower with only his boots on!

Kath said...

Ok April's comment makes me feel a little weird! I too liked this movie as did my kids! I actually think I have the whole thing memorized, since it was the only movie we had in the car for a week straight. Parker's favorite part is when the Dr. asks Mr. M. what Eric was doing on the chair in the hospital room, and he says, "Making sure I have enough space to sleep!" Parker gets a big kick out of explaining to everyone in the room why it is funny. "Get it? He's putting star stickers up in the room. Enough space!" Funny kids! Good movie though!

Heather said...

I guess I need to see this inspiring movie, good to see a post! I was getting a tad annoyed...just kidding I love you.

Tracie said...

Pril - LOL!! I miss Dustin Hoffman!! Did you take him?

Kat - be afraid be very afraid!! I will see if I can find a pic of Dustin Hoffman from our house and post about it!!

Heather - I am awaiting an update from you!!