Thursday, November 20, 2008

OREGON


Our cute little house

Be AFRAID of Sasquatch!!

Me and Arlene on a Bridge
The beautiful temple (note the red leaves)

The Column in Astoria


This is us in front of the Bayview bakery
By far our fav place to eat
This is where the cute old man stopped to take our pic!

Multnomah Falls

So I have been a bad blogger lately...for anyone who reads Tonja and Arlene's blogs....I am slacking! Two weeks ago the 3 of us went to Oregon for 4 fabulous days! We had the greatest time - words can't even describe how perfect this trip was! I could write for pages and pages everything we saw and did but I'll leave it to the pictures and highlights!
Highlights of the trip include.....
*Seeing and hiking to AMAZING waterfalls
*Staying in a cute little beach house for $20 ( for the whole weekend)
*Listening to Christmas music as we drove
*Watching Christmas movies every night
*Going to Tilamook Cheese Factory
*Seeing the Goonies house and other places from the Goonies
*Seeing the angry ocean hit up against the rocky beaches
*Meeting a sweet old man who just pulled over on the side of the road just to take our picture and proceed to tell us all the best places to eat on the coast (loved him)
*Seeing the end of the Oregon trail
*Facing my fears and eating at the BIG FOOT pub and grub YIKES
*Seeing the beutiful fall leaves everywhere
*Seeing the Portland temple (Pretty sure its my new favorite)
*Traveling with Arlene and Tonja (we make quite the combination)
I absolutely loved this trip! Oregon was beautiful! Cant wait to go back!



















7 comments:

Nic said...

ahhh, what a tranquil post. I feel all relaxed looking at your photos. I randomly visited Portland once when i was in highschool. A friend a met at EFY lived there & my parents were weird enough to let me get on a plane & go stay with strangers for 2 weeks! Anyhoo, it was beautiful & i've always wanted to return. i think i would be happy living there! The green & the rain is where my heart belong....and yet i'm here in the desert? somebody should do something about that!
Glad you got to get away & enjoy some "season" scenery! Thanks for sharing!

Arnell Family said...

I love all of your pics! It makes Oregon seem like such a mystic place! I am so glad that you had such a great time! Love all of that Christmas spirit! Don't you just LOVE this time of year?!!

Lindsay Jones said...

so breathtakingly beautiful!! That all looks and sounds so dreamy!!

The Swyers Family said...

I am so jealous. I love your pictures. So pretty.

Anonymous said...

Tracie, you took some awesome pictures, you've got talent. I'm glad you had a great time. I love old men, so cute that he stopped you guys. It sounds fun to watch Christmas movies every night too. We should watch one together during the Christmas season. That would be fun. In fact I'm going to call you right now.

Heather said...

SASKWATCH! I can't stop laughing!

Arlene said...

I am so glad that you finally posted about the trip. It had to be one the best trips that I have ever been on!