Tuesday, November 4, 2008

FEELING GOOD

I VOTED today - don't know if it is because I live in Phoenix or what but there was no waiting at all I walked in....voted....and left within 5 minutes! It was a beutiful thing!! Just wanna say it feels good to vote - sounds cheesy and cliche...but I am proud to be an American... Glad we have the oppurtunity to live in this country -Im grateful for the founding fathers who I know were men of God - who fought hard to make this country what it is. I realize this country is not in the best of situations right now - but it could be so much worse! It makes me proud that so many people are getting so involved in this election. I think it is awesome! I hope it all turns out for the best! I am excited to see history be made one way or another today.
I also find incredible peace in knowing that good, bad, or indifferent in the world, the church will always stand fast and unwavering. Im grateful to have that foundation in my life. It brings incredible peace of mind - no matter what happens around us the church teachings and leaders will not change and will always lead us in the right direction.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Very true, I agree with everything you said- I also felt this cheesy feeling of accomplishment when I voted today. I have never voted before so it was kinda exciting, I felt like an official adult.

And I have to say that early ballots are awesome! I don't think I would have waited that long, but it was so nice to walk in drop it in the box, get my sticker and walk out!

Tonja said...

Diddo!!!! I proudly wear my "I Voted Today" sticker -- BTW, if you go to Krispy Kreme you can get a free donut. Also, for all you coffee drinkers, Starbucks is giving a free coffee if you wear your sticker there. COOL!!

GO U.S.A.!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Tracie, I'm glad we share the same thoughts. I heard someone being interviewed on talk radio and they said that if Obama didn't win, a lot of black people would be leaving the country. Even though I am very sad he won, as of now, America is still the best place to be. No where else do we have the freedoms or opportunities that we have here. I'd kinda like those people to leave and then they'd really see that even if they didn't like the president they'd still be better of here.