"What a wonderful thing is death,really, when all is said and done. It is the great reliever. It is a majestic, quiet passing on from this life to another life, a better life. We go to a place where we will not suffer as we have suffered here, but where we will continue to grow, accumulating knowledge and developing and being useful under the plan of the Almighty made possible through the atonement of the Son of God." President Hinckley, Stand a Little Taller.
I find the death of this amazing man both happy and sad. I will miss his sense of humor and is incredibly positive attitude, it will be hard to not hear his motivating positive words, but I am grateful for the effects of his life and for the fact that he gets to be with his sweet wife, what a joyous day for him!
"This is a season to be strong. It is a time to move foward without hesitation, knowing well the meaning, the breadth, and the importance of our mission. It is time to do what is right reguardless of the consequences that might follow. We have nothing to fear. God is at the helm. He will overrule for the good of the work."


2 comments:
Hi Tracie! Happy you're in blogging world, but sad that your first post is about President Hinkley passing. I really am still in shock by the whole thing, and it's weird to think that he's gone...and that we won't get to see him talk in this upcoming conference. But he is in a better place and I bet Heaven is rejoicing that he's there!
PS- thanks again for letting us have Madi's birthday at your house! You're awesome!
Honey Honey! I love him!
Post a Comment