Monday, February 11, 2008

Me Likey!

Loved Kanye's performance at the Grammys Sunday night! (This is a strange thing for me to say - I used to have serious Kanye West issues) BUT I thought it was AWESOME!! As usual his performance was over the top and caused a scene (in a good way). I did not think that he could out do his last grammy performance (Gold Digger! - That was some good entertainment - at least me and Kath thought so) BUT he did it - I also thought it was super sweet that he did a tribute to his Mom - by singing Hey Mama. I am pretty sure I cheered out loud during his speech too when he laid the smak down about being cut off with the music....... "It would be in good taste to stop the music," said West. Quickly enough, it did — and the crowd applauded.
He continued, speaking to his mother: "I know you want me to be the number one artist in the world. And, Mama, all I'm going to do is keep making you proud." Holding his Grammy aloft, he added: "We run this." NICELY DONE KANYE!!

5 comments:

Kath said...

I don't know Trac... better than Gold Digger??? I just can't get into it!

Heather said...

Dang, I guess I should have watched the Grammy's! Are his glasses really glowing? That's hot!

Nic said...

This is one of my favorite motivational work-out songs! I saw the performance & agree with you, all the old school effects were sweet. I especially enjoyed the glowing violin bows (is that what they're called?) Thank you Mr. West

James & Prilly said...

Love the song! Best song to work out to by far! Although I must say...Kanye is the one artist I love to hate! His tribute to Mama was really sweet.

Tnutt said...

Yeah good performance except for the cheesy Mama stuff. For some reason I was bugged when he asked them to turn the music off. He spent more time talking about the music playing than he did about his poor mommy. The only reason they gave him that award is cause they couldn't take another year of him whining about it. I guess if you whine long enough, they finally give it to you.