Yesterday was a great day! It started with breakfast with Ted (my Dad). He found the latest and greatest quirky breakfast place, Over Easy. As usual my Dad has found a breakfast gem! It is in an old taco bell building on Indian School and 40th, it's painted bright yellow and has amazing breakfast! Might I suggest the Wolf Pack - crispy hashbrowns with bacon, eggs, and cheddar cheese, topped with more hashbrowns. Super Healthy - FALSE it is not -BUT it was rather delicious! I also need to add that if you are lucky enough you will get to see the chef/owner - to say the least he is incredibly good looking - a little added bonus!
Anyway! Following my fabulous breakfast - and a quick visit to Heather and Madi - I went to get my hair done! YAY! Call me a dork - but hair day is a great day and lately (due to hygiene school and living on loans :( ) my hair days have been few and far between! So needless to say I was super happy to finally get my hair done! As usual - Jenny did a great job! Im super happy with my new color!
Then after hair time - I went with our group at school to a homeless shelter to clean their teeth...Our hygiene class takes rotations going to CASS homeless shelter in downtown phoenix. It is always an adventure going down there with a group of girls. It is a nice facility inside but parking and going in is sometimes a tad scary! Last night was super unorganized and they were not planning on us coming so they did not have patients ready for us - so they just went outside and rounded people up! Yikes! I was cleaning some crazy guys teeth but he was super nice and had not ever been to the dentist - I was a little nervous and not going to lie I was totally bugged at first because we had no health history on this guy -but it turned out being ok. I have a hard time wanting to go down there - but everytime I do, even though it is heartbreaking to see these people, it is incredibly rewarding and I am so glad I went!
So there you have it! My over easy, hairdo, homeless day! And that my friends is the most excitement I have had in my life since the truck break in incident!


4 comments:
Well it's about bloody time! I check everyday... and nothing. (Who am I to talk, mine hasn't been updated in a long time either!) But I am super happy that you have posted something new. Definitely interested in the hot guy/old taco bell thing (don't tell Trev). Sounds YUMMY! I am glad that you got to get your hair done. I know for most women that is a great thing, but I for some reason can't get into it. Maybe it is because I am never satisfied with the end result. Ummm... as for the cleaning of homeless people teeth, well..... you are a saint in my book! Let's just put it that way! We have certainly missed seeing you and can't wait to HIU with you this weekend sometime!
YAY! I love breakfasts with Ted - you always go to the coolest places! I had hair day on Thursday and it was the funnest day I have had in weeks! You should send pictures of your hot new hair, I need to see it!
Oh I'm SO HAPPY you finally updated! I'm glad you had a great "my over easy, hair do, homeless day" day! And thanks for stopping by, that made me so happy that you would even think to stop in and say hi...even though I had just gotten out of the shower and was nakie I was still so happy to see my Tracie Joyce!
Kat Lets make a date for HG/OTB - believe me it's YUMMY!
Pril -Yay for your hair day too! I will post a pic of the new do soon!
Heather Ann -Im glad you were ok letting me come visit even if you were fresh outta the shower! I love my Heather Ann and Madalyn Ryan!
Kat and Pril I love my Kathy Lane and April Jean too!
Post a Comment